Scion of Manhattan February Coat Drive
Scion of Manhattan is proudly partnering with The Bowery Mission in holding a coat drive throughout the month of February. Please bring new or lightly used warm outerwear: coats, jackets, hats, gloves, and scarves to our drop off box here at Scion of Manhattan 645 11th Avenue, (corner of 47th) New York, NY 10036 if you would like to contribute to this cause and help our homeless New Yorkers stay warm. Contact: Josh Hennion or Jason Schroeck with any questions, or to arrange a drop-off (212) 399-9600
Our primary focus is coats, but we also are gladly accepting the following items:
- Food– Non-perishable, bulk, and staple items (dry and canned) are best
- Clothing – Clean, new and gently used clothing of all types is helpful. Large sizes are especially helpful. New underwear/undershirts and socks, new and gently used jeans and shoes, and professional clothing for those looking for work or re-entering the workforce. In the winter, warm outerwear: coats, jackets, hats, gloves, and scarves.
- Linens – bath towels, face cloths, twin-size sheets and blankets, standard-size pillows and pillowcases, and sleeping bags.
In a city of 8.4 million people, more than 36,000 homeless men, women and children sleep in homeless shelters and at least 3,000 more sleep on the streets and subways in the dead of winter. This means that one in every 215 New Yorkers is currently homeless.
The Bowery Mission and Kids With A Promise is called to minister in New York City to men, women, and children caught in the cycles of poverty, hopelessness and dependencies of many kinds, and to see their lives transformed to hope, joy, lasting productivity and eternal life through the power of Jesus Christ.
This past year, donors and volunteers helped The Bowery Mission provide more than 369,200 meals, 30,500 bags of groceries, 79,300 nights of shelter and 53,200 articles of clothing, as well as showers, haircuts, 511 professional doctor’s appointments and 92 eye examinations at their in-house clinic.
Meals, shelter and services are all an invitation to The Bowery Mission’s residential recovery programs, where lives are transformed from hopelessness to hope. Three programs house 180 men and women who are regaining sobriety, reconnecting with family and faith, pursuing educational goals, and preparing for work and independent living.
The Bowery Mission and Kids With A Promise is committed to using your contributions faithfully and wisely to help men, women and children in New York City who are caught in the cycles of poverty, hopelessness and dependencies of many kinds, and to see live transformed to hope, joy, lasting productivity and eternal life through the power of Jesus.
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.